Vinyasa Flow - All Levels
Yoga poses (asanas) linked with breath to help release energy, gain flexibility and increase stamina. Vinyasa Flow yoga is a series of poses that will move you through the power of inhaling and exhaling with each movement. This style allows for a lot of variety, and will almost certainly include sun salutations and meditation. Expect movement, not just stretching. Good physical health is required. Also offered as gentle All Levels Vinyasa and Early Morning Sunrise Flow! ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
Hour of Power - All Levels
Increase strength, flexibility, and stamina with this strong, invigorating
1 hr Yoga Practice.
Yin/Gentle/Restorative Yoga - BEGINNERS APPROPRIATE
Stress and rest...that is the intention of Yin Yoga. In this class, you will hold seated poses for several minutes to "stress" the muscle tissue, which then requires that you relax the muscle as well to allow the tissue to rest. This is a simple class but not necessarily easy. Yin Yoga works the deeper tissues of the ligaments, joints, fascia and bones, and focuses on the lower half of the body, restoring the legs, and drawing lymphatic fluids to the heart. Our Yin Yoga practice includes a longer Meditation or Yoga Nidra Session (see our schedule for more details). ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
Hatha Yoga - BEGINNERS APPROPRIATE
Hatha Yoga is the backbone of all Yoga practices. Hatha uses postures (asanas) and stretches in combination with the breath to develop flexibility and relaxation. There are many styles of Hatha Yoga. Some use a specific series of postures; others use a flow of movements, while some may use props such as blocks or belts to assist a posture or maximize a stretch. All styles of Hatha Yoga, however, encourage proper alignment of the body and bring balance, strength, and calmness to the practitioner. Our Hatha Yoga classes are based on the classic and ancient practices with attention to alignment and the deeper layers of yoga.
VERY APPROPRIATE FOR BEGINNERS! ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
Some Hatha Practices Feature a FLOW, HEALING REIKI TREATMENT, and HANDS on ADJUSTMENTS with a FOCUS on ALIGNMENT.
FRIDAY FLOW + GLOW - ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
Fridays are for flowing and glowing! Join Natanya Ruth for this MONTHLY Friday late afternoon flowing HEATED, ALL LEVELS yoga practice featuring a SOULFUL, UPBEAT PLAYLIST! Feel the FREEDOM of a 55 minute dynamic flow followed by 20 mins of rejuvenating yin and restoratives. Find balance in the effort and ease of this 75 min class with DANCY GROOVES and DETOXIFYING HEAT to complete your week with glowing skin, grounded and starting your weekend refreshed! 1st Flow + Glow Friday, June 28th, 2019.
Slow Flow Yoga - BEGINNERS APPROPRIATE
Slow Flow Yoga class is a gentle moving yoga meditation that creates strength, freedom and fluidity in the body and mind. Each class will be filled with intention; aligning sequences, stretched out breaths, restorative poses, and a blissful savasana.
ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
Learn the stress-relieving practice of Meditation. Listen to your breath, and go deep to find stillness and tranquility in body, mind, and soul. You'll learn a variety of methods for meditation; such as self-inquiry, pranayama (breathing practices), visualization, mantra (sound), and moving meditation. All this and work with a sangha (community) of other meditators who helps us go deeper into our practice!
With the pace and stress of modern life, Meditation and other spiritual practices invite balance and well-being into your life and the lives of others. Listen to your breath, and go deep to find stillness and tranquility in body, mind, and soul. Watch this powerful practice increase your serenity and focus and support your life in achieving personal goals, in your relationships, in your work, and more!
You'll learn a variety of methods for Meditation; such as Self Inquiry, Pranayama (breathing practices), Visualization, Mantra (sound), Sensory Awareness and Moving Meditation.
Meditation Practice includes a teaching on Meditation and Life, Meditation practice, and Q & A.
Cushions or Chairs are provided for sitting.
This practice is open to Ages 12 +.
1. Early Arrival Arrive to class early. We open our doors 10 minutes before the class starts. New Clients arrive early to sign in and complete registration. Early arrival gives you enough time to sign in and then settle in, let go of your day and your thoughts, do a few warm up stretches, practice a few poses, or just lay down in a resting pose.
If you arrive late, enter quietly. Doors are locked 5 minutes after our practice begins.
2. Remove Shoes Yoga is done bare foot. Remove your shoes before you step into the practice area, and always before you step on your yoga mat.
3. Quiet Please Yoga is a moving meditation. Please honor the sacred healing space of the Yoga Studio by using a quiet tone of voice, or refraining from speaking to delve into the moving meditation that is YOGA. Leave Cell Phones out of the studio. Please ask questions or make comments at the end of practice.
4. Restrooms Need a bathroom break? Try to go before the class starts. If you have to leave the room do so quietly with minimum distraction.
5. Savasana Savasana is the final relaxation & meditation of every Yoga Practice. Resist the urge to leave early by skipping the final few minutes of the class. If you have to leave early, move to Savasana/Corpse Pose a few moments before you have to leave, so you can reap the benefits of this closing of the yoga practice. Stay near the exit door if you know you have to leave early to avoid disturbing others with your exit.
6. Care for the Studio After your practice, quietly wipe off your Yoga Mat & put away any Yoga Props you used during your practice.
7. Care for Yourself If you feel ill, please be considerate of yourself & others, take care of yourself and feel better before returning to the yoga studio.
8. Be compassionate to Yourself & Other Yogis Come to a yoga class with an open mind and heart. Accept that some things don’t go as planned, whether they are distractions from others or from yourself. Adjust to those situations and find more compassion, understanding and love in your heart. Let it go and be present on your mat for your yoga.